DIY Candy Corn Baskets
~ Supplies ~
- paper streamers: white, orange and yellow (I found mine at Walmart)
- paper condiment cups (I found mine at a fast food restaurant)
- Orange thread
- sewing machine
- glue gun
- candy corn
- Cut paper streamers to desired length: to determine length, measure paper cup circumference and multiply by how many baskets you want to make. Add an extra few inches to accommodate for the pleating and folding over finished edge.
- Layer the three colors with white and yellow on the bottom and the orange on top.
- Sew the paper streamer with a sewing machine. I pinched the paper into pleats as I slowly sewed them together. Careful not to tear or rip the paper.
- Cut a piece of the sewed length of streamer to fit a cup with a little extra to fold over.
- Hot glue the streamer to the cup. Do not worry if the bottom hangs off a little bit, you can cut it to fit and be straight. Just make sure you have enough yellow showing.
- Hot glue the end piece under to finish it off.
- Cut off any overhang on the bottom to clean it up and be straight
- Repeat for remaining baskets.
- Fill with candy corns.
*DIY Note: Make these for any holiday/ occaision using appropriate colors to match. i.e.. red and green streamers for Christmas or fun colors for a birthday
photographs by Ridgely